Sunday, September 30, 2012

Progreso

This past Saturday and Sunday (29 and 30), I went to Progreso with my amiga Eli, whose homestay family has a beach house basically right next to la playa!! We went swimming in the gulf right before the sun set, which was a sight to see! Super pretty...and the water was really warm. something that i am not used to...with being from MA and swimming in the freezing atlantic ocean, with water that reaches 70° is considered too hot! hahhaaaa





Last night was my first night sleeping in a hamaca aka hammock...and people who know me know that hammocks and i do not get along. but, after almost 4 hours of trying to fall asleep, swinging in the hamaca, i was able to pass out for a solid 3 hrs! Yeah! new personal best time for sleeping!! hahahaaa,,,lets just say i woke up in a position that i have no clue in how i got there....



During the day, I took multiple naps in la hamaca and was able to swim in the gulf again,,,with a beach made up of crushed seashells and the softest sand ever! after the days end, I went back to the beach and took pictures of the sunset...and realized that i have one of the most awkwardest sunburns ever! HAhahahaha




I also found a tree that has green brains! So cool! I call it the Zombie Tree!



No comments:

Post a Comment