Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Chichén Itzá and Uxmal

September 2

On sunday 2nd, the group went to see Uxmal and Chichén Itzá, two very important sites in the Yucatán, and two places I only dreamed about going to! well, my dream was made! Being able to climb ancient ruins is an awesome experience! 'cause who knows, maybe tomorrow or this year, they will officially be off limits. Out of the two, Uxmal was perhaps my favorite. why? because Chichén was way too touristy, which was really heartbreaking for me. Uxmal was extremely peaceful, with very few tourists, or vendors selling souvenirs saying "It's almost free"....how that works, I still don't know....but anyways, I harassed iguanas, tool a photo with the culebra, and saw one of the coolest things ever, the Observitorio at Chichén.



No comments:

Post a Comment