Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Los Trompos and the weekend

My first outing with my friends from Mérida was to a restaurant called Los Trompos (sept 7). It was a great night, left my house at 630 and didn't get back for almost 7 hours....
At the restaurant, I had a michelada con mango, which is a beer cocktail that is usually bubbly with beer and spicy, but mine was sweet from the mango. I also tried tacos al pastor, where the meat is very similar to the gyro, but its different. the smell is amazing, and was a really good snack!

After a lot of talking, paper ball throwing down my friends shirt, and copious amounts of ridiculous pictures, i made my way home. great friday to spend with friends!

On saturday, one of the girls from our group, Megan, had a Cumpleaños!! aka bday, equipped with a swimming pool, Mediterranean food, and a piñata at our Resident Directors house....oh, and did i mention massages and facials! yes thats right, our RD hired a person to give back massages ahhhh, heaven!


After festivities and cake...lots of yummy chocolate cake, some of us went to Mayan Pub for drinks....

Pictures above are a mezcla drink...which may contain a worm..as seen(but i didnt get the one with the worm, sad face)
and the other drink i had was called Sacrificio Maya...which was lit on fire! yeahhh

No comments:

Post a Comment